I am in love with shoes. When I am ready with a bespoke order, I am always tempted to keep it, and let the customer wait (I never did I promise 🙂 ), but this time temptation was even stronger. This gentleman gave me a long, continuously expanding list about his demands, so I have to really concentrate to put everything in. On the other hand we can get better because of demands – so I am grateful to him!
Let’s see what this shoe has!
– wholecut from the strongest calf leather, no crimping (I don’t do that)
– dark cognac french boxcalf, with antiqued toe
– fiddleback with initials and a crown from brass nails (yes, on the fiddleback)
– bevelled waist
– semi trasparent finish (I just love it – it shows the leather layers and has some antique beauty. I wouldn’t paint an antiqued shoe with solid colour on the heel edge)
– JR leather for the hard stuff everywhere, except the insole (that is aso 12 month tanned, but from a different company)
– English sewn sole, hidden stitch at the shanks.